The Layout Button
Any slide layout can be changed at any time, simply by clicking on the Layout button on the Home tab of the ribbon.
The list of slide layouts are as follows -
- Title Slide - Used at the start of your presentation, or to divide sections of your presentation.
- Title and Content - The default slide layout and the most commonly used slide layout.
- Section Header - Use this slide type to separate different sections of the same presentation, rather than use an additional Title slide. It can also be used as an alternate to the Title slide layout.
- Two Content - Use this slide layout if you wish to show text in addition to a graphic content type.
- Comparison - Similar to the Two Content slide layout, but this slide type also includes a heading text box over each type of content. Use this type of slide layout to -
- compare two types of the same content type (for example - two different charts)
- show text in addition to a graphic content type
- Title Only - Use this slide layout if you want to place only a title on the page, rather than a title and subtitle. You can then insert other types of objects such as clip art, WordArt, pictures or charts if desired.
- Blank - A blank slide layout is often used when a picture or other graphic object that needs no further information, will be inserted to cover the whole slide.
- Content with Caption - Content (most often a graphic object such as a chart or picture) will be placed on the right side of the slide. The left side allows for a title and text to describe the object.
- Picture with Caption - The upper part of the slide is used to place a picture. Under the slide you can add a title and descriptive text if desired.