Hyperlink to Specific Slides from a Larger Presentation
Once you have created a basic custom show from certain slides in your main presentation, then you can create a hyperlink
from some text or a graphic object on any slide, to start this custom show. When the hyperlink is clicked while in slide show view
, the custom show is quickly activated, showing only those select slides from within the main presentation.
Test the Hyperlink to the Custom Show
- Create a basic PowerPoint custom show.
- Navigate to the slide containing the text or graphic object that you wish to link from.
- Select the text or graphic object.
- Click the Insert tab of the ribbon.
- In the Links group, click on the Hyperlink button.
Note - Alternatively, you may right click on the selected text/object and choose Hyperlink from the shortcut menu.
- Under the Link to: section in the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, choose Place in This Document.
- Choose one of the following options -
- Select the specific custom show in the list if there is more than one.
Check the box for Show and return. This will cause the custom show to open when the hyperlink is clicked, and when all slides in the custom show are viewed, the presentation will resume at the slide containing the hyperlink.
- Select a specific slide from the list shown. This slide will open when the hyperlink is clicked.
Note - In this second example, after the linked slide is shown, the slides continue numerically from that slide forward. For example - You have added a hyperlink on slide 2 that links to slide 7. Once slide 7 is shown, the next slide revealed to the audience will be slide 8.
- Click OK
- Press the F5 key to quickly start the slide show.
- Navigate to the slide containing the hyperlinked text or graphic object.
- Click on the hyperlink.
- If the hyperlink has been created correctly, either the custom show will start or the specific slide will appear.
Next - Set Up and Play a Custom PowerPoint Show
Back to All About Custom PowerPoint Shows