Note - DO NOT double click directly on the file icon. This will start the PowerPoint 2007 slide show. You want to be able to edit the file, so you must first open PowerPoint and then open this file.
- Open PowerPoint 2007.
- Click the Office button and search for the presentation show file on your computer. It will be in this format - FILENAME.PPS
- Open the presentation show file.
- Click the Office button once again, and choose Save As ...
- In the Save As dialog box, click the Save as type: drop down list, and choose Web Page (*.htm; *.html).
- In the File name: text box, the file name should be the same as the original file. You may change the file name here if you choose. When you select Web page as the file type, the file extension will change to HTM.
- Click Save.
PowerPoint will create a file with the new file name, and an HTM extension -- such as yourfilename.htm. It will also create a new folder, called yourfilename_files containing all the embedded objects in your presentation. At this point, you can close PowerPoint.
Open this newly created folder and you will see all the picture files listed (as well as any other object that was inserted into this presentation). The file extension(s) will be the same type as the original picture format, such as JPG, PNG or GIF. The pictures will be named something like slide001_image001.jpg, slide001_image002.jpg, slide002_image001.jpg and so on.
Note - If the new folder now contains many files, you can sort the files by type in order to quickly locate these picture files.
Sort files by type
- Right click in a blank area of the folder window.
- Choose Arrange Icons by > Type.
- Look for the files with file extensions of JPG, PNG or GIF. These are the picture files that were embedded into the original PowerPoint show file.