Continued from - Adding Animation to PowerPoint 2010 Charts
Focus on Different Parts of the PowerPoint Chart
For example - Suppose we want to address the quarterly sales for specific months shown on the chart. We can apply the animations to show the sales for each month. Or, perhaps instead we want to show how specific product types performed for the given time frame. Each of these scenarios can be addressed by making different choices when choosing what and how to animate the chart.
Open the PowerPoint Animation Pane
The default setting for animation on a PowerPoint chart is to apply the animation to the whole chart. In that scenario, the chart will move all at once, with no specific focus on anything in particular. Our goal is to show different aspects of the chart separately. To make changes to the default setting it is necessary to open the Animation Pane.
- Click on the chart to select it (if it is not already selected).
- Click on the Animation tab of the ribbon.
- Look to the right side of the ribbon in the Advanced Animation section.
- Click on the Animation Pane button.
- The Animation Pane opens to the right of the slide.