Choose from Many Different Animation Styles for the PowerPoint Chart
- With the chart selected in the previous step, click on the Animations tab of the ribbon.
- Click on the Add Animation button to see the complete selection of options. (Alternatively, you may choose an animation shown on the ribbon. These are the most common choices.)
- From the list of animation styles shown you will note that they are divided into four different categories.
- Entrance Group - These choices are used to introduce the animated object. Depending on the selection, the object may animate in place, or enter the slide from the right, left, top or bottom.
- Emphasis Group - Movements with this type of animation occur right on the slide. Generally, these types of animations have a great deal of movement.
- Exit Group - Just as you would imagine, these animations cause the object to move off the slide (and sometimes disappear from view).
- Motion Path Group - This type of animation causes the object to move in a path (usually a line or a circle) that the presenter has previously created on the slide. The graphic object moves along a predetermined motion path on this example page.
- Preview how the animation will look on the chart by hovering the mouse over the selection. When you have decided on an option, click the button. The animation is now applied to the whole chart.
Next - Example of How Animation Appears on the PowerPoint Chart