Save PowerPoint 2010 to be Viewed in PowerPoint 97-2003
A presentation created in PowerPoint 2010 is compatible (for the most part) with earlier versions of PowerPoint. You just need to choose the option to save as a PowerPoint 97-2003 presentation in the "Save As" list of options.
- Choose File > Save As from the ribbon.
- In the Save As dialog box, navigate to the folder where the file will be saved.
- Type a file name in the appropriate text box.
- Click the drop down box beside Save as type:.
- Select PowerPoint 97-2003 Presentation (*.ppt).
Important Note - If you used features that were new in PowerPoint 2010 (or PowerPoint 2007), those features will not work if you save your presentation as a PowerPoint 97-2003 presentation.