Recently, a reader was having problems playing music across several slides. He also wanted to add a narration to play over the music, leaving the music as just ambient sound for the presentation.
"Can this be done?" he asked.
Yes, it can and other audio options can be edited at the same time. Let's get started.
Play Music Across Several PowerPoint Slides
PowerPoint 2010 has made this an easy task. With a couple of clicks, your music will play over many slides, until it finishes.
- Navigate to the slide where the music, sound or other audio file will be placed.
- Click the Insert tab on the ribbon.
- At the right end of the ribbon, click the drop down arrow under the Audio button. (This allows for the choice of the type of sound you wish to add.) In this example, we will choose Audio from File....
- Navigate to the location where you have saved the sound or music file on your computer, and insert it.
- With the sound file icon selected on the slide, a new button -- Audio Tools should appear above the ribbon. Click on the Playback button, just under the Audio Tools button.
- Look to the Audio Options section of the ribbon. Click the drop down arrow beside Start: and choose Play across slides.
- Note - The sound file is now set to play for 999 slides, or the end of the music, whichever comes first. To make changes to this setting, follow the next two steps.