PowerPoint versions 2000 to 2007, have the feature to save your presentation as a webpage. Both PowerPoint 2007 and 2003 offer two methods (one method for 2000) for saving this webpage.
Choose one of the following options for saving your PowerPoint presentation as a webpage.
- Save as a Web Page - Versions 2000 to 2007
- saves the presentation with a file extension of .HTM
- saves all supporting material in a separate folder
- this extra folder must also be uploaded to your web site
- presentation can be edited in an HTML editor or webpage design type of software.
- Save as Single File Web Page**(Not available in PowerPoint 2000)
- saves the presentation with a file extension of .MHT
- all the graphics, sounds and animations are embedded
- creates a smaller, single file size containing all components
- great for emailing your presentation
Change Title... button - If you have already saved your presentation, the name in this text box will be the title of your presentation on the webpage. Click the button if you wish to edit that title.
Click the Save button to save the presentation as a webpage, with the default publishing options selected.
Step 3 (alternate)
Publish... button - This option takes you to another dialog box where you will make selections about what to publish, browser support and more. This is explained in more detail on the next page.