PowerPoint 2007for PowerPoint 2003 and earlier
Note - DO NOT double click directly on the icon. This will open the PowerPoint 2007 show. You want to be able to edit the file, so you must first open PowerPoint and then open this file.
- Open PowerPoint 2007.
- Click the Office button and search for the presentation show file on your computer. It will be in this format - FILENAME.PPS.
- Open the presentation show file.
- Click the Office button once again, and choose Save As ...
- In the Save As dialog box, click the Save as Type: drop down list, and choose Web Page (*.htm; *.html).
- In the File name: text box, the file name should be the same as the original file.
- Click Save.
PowerPoint will create a file with the new filename, and an HTM extension. It will also create a new folder, called yourfilename_files containing all the embedded objects in your presentation. At this point, you can close PowerPoint.
Open this newly created folder and you will see all the sound files listed (as well as any other object that was inserted into this presentation). The file extension(s) will be the same type as the original sound file type. The sound objects will have generic names, such as sound001.wav or file003.mp3.
Note - If the new folder now contains many files, you can sort the files by type in order to quickly locate these sound files.Sort files by type
- Right click in a blank area of the folder window.
- Choose Arrange Icons by > Type.
- Look for the files with file extensions of WAV, WMA or MP3. These are the sound files that were embedded into the original PowerPoint show file.