Note - Either switch to Slide Sorter View or use the Outline / Slides pane at the left of the screen. Slide Sorter view is in all versions of PowerPoint. However, the Outline / Slides pane is specific to PowerPoint 2003. PowerPoint 2000 has a similar view, but it is strictly an Outline view.
Select ALL slides
- Slide Sorter view - Hold the Shift key and click on the first slide. All slides will be selected.
- Outline / Slides pane - Click the first slide, press the Shift key and then click on the last slide.
Select a GROUP of slides that are all in consecutive order
- Click the first slide in the group of slides (this might not be the first slide of the presentation).
- Hold the Shift key and click on the last slide in the group.
Select several slides that are not in any particular order
- Click the first slide in the group.
- Hold the Ctrl key while you click on each specific slide that you want to select.
Related Article - Select More Than One File at a Time
11 Part Tutorial Series for Beginners - Beginner's Guide to PowerPoint