Examine and Test the Sound or Music on PowerPoint Slide
Once you have inserted the sound or music selection onto the PowerPoint slide, a sound icon will appear. This sound icon differs slightly from earlier versions of PowerPoint, as it also contains other buttons and information.
- Play/Resume: This button is on the left side. This button toggles between the two tasks depending on which one is currently in use.
- Rewind: When the sound or music is in play, pressing this button will rewind the sound by a quarter of a second increments.
- Forward: When the sound or music is in play, pressing this button will fast forward the sound by a quarter of a second increments.
- Mute/Unmute: Press this button to mute or unmute the sound once it is in play.
- Additionally, you will note a timer advances while the sound or music is playing.