This animated clip above shows the steps to move and resize the graphic objects on a PowerPoint slide. This animation was created in a file format called animated.GIF.
Steps for Resizing pictures
- Click on the picture to select it.
- Place your mouse over one of the corner selection handles. All selection handles appear as white circles. The mouse cursor will change to a two-headed arrow, which tells the program that you wish to resize the graphic object. Dragging the corner handle to resize the picture will retain its proportions.
Steps for Moving pictures
- Place the mouse anywhere over the picture. The mouse cursor will change to a four-headed arrow.
- Drag the picture to the new location on the screen.
- Using the corner resizing handles will always keep your picture in the correct proportions. Using the top or side handles will cause distortion in your picture.
- The mouse cursor will always change to a two-headed arrow when placed over a selection handle on a graphic. Two-headed arrows are always resize arrows. This is standard for all programs.
- The mouse cursor will always change to a four-headed arrow when placed over a picture or the border of a graphic object. Four-headed arrows are always move arrows. This is standard for all programs.