Default View Setting
When you first open PowerPoint, the default setting for viewing your slides is set to normal view. This setting shows the full slide and the thumbnail view of any other slides in the presentation, in the left task pane. Notes are also shown below the slide, if any notes have been attached to this slide.
You do have the option to make a change to this opening view of your presentation. You can change the default setting to open in slide sorter view, slide show view, notes pages or a few variations of normal view. Once you change the default view, each time you open a PowerPoint 2007 presentation, it will open in the newly chosen view.
How to Change the Default View
- Click on the Office button.
- Click the PowerPoint Options button.
- Select Advanced in the left pane of the PowerPoint Options dialog box.
- Under the Display section, note the option for Open all documents using this view. Click the drop down arrow beside the current selection -- (the original PowerPoint setting is "The view saved in the file").
- Click on the setting of your choice.
- Click the OK button.
This new setting will now be applied to all presentations opened in PowerPoint 2007 (on this computer).