Where is the Summary Slide Feature in PowerPoint 2007?
Summary slides were a feature of PowerPoint 2003 and earlier versions. A summary slide created a menu slide of your presentation content and resided at the beginning of your presentation. This feature was discontinued in PowerPoint 2007, but you can still easily accomplish the same thing.Related
• Create a Summary Slide in PowerPoint 2003
Create a Menu Slide in PowerPoint 2007
- In the Slides section on the Home tab of the ribbon, click on the New Slide button and choose a title and content slide layout.
- More on Slide Layouts in PowerPoint 2007
- As this will be the first slide in your presentation, use either slide sorter view or the slides/outline pane to drag this new slide to the start of your presentation.
- Add a title to the new menu slide, such as the name of your presentation.
- In the content text box, add the titles of the slides that you wish to link to from this menu slide.
- Select the text of the first item in the menu and create a hyperlink to that slide in your presentation.
- Continue to create hyperlinks to all titles on the menu slide.
- Test the hyperlinks on the menu slide, but checking out your presentation in slide show view. Access this view quickly by pressing the F5 key on the keyboard.