Related - Animation Schemes in PowerPoint 2003
The same effects can still be achieved however, in PowerPoint 2007, by editing the slide master. In fact, this method can also be used in earlier versions of PowerPoint.
Edit the Slide Master
- On the View tab of the ribbon, click the Slide Master button.
- In the Slides/Outline pane on the left of the screen, select either the large slide master icon or the particular slide layout icon to which to apply an animation.
- On the large slide in the main PowerPoint window, select the text placeholder you wish to animate. For example, if you want your bulleted lists to be animated, click on that placeholder on the slide.
- Click on the Animations > Custom Animations
- On the Custom Animation task pane on the right side of the screen, click Add Effect > Entrance > [choose your effect].
- Repeat this process for any other text box placeholder on any of the different slide layouts.
- When finished, click Slide Master > Close Master View on the ribbon.
Note - Although you can still add additional animations on individual slides to the same text box placeholder as on the slide master, the animation added to the slide master will remain. This will cause you to have two animations on the same text placeholder on that slide -- probably not an effect you would want.
More on Slide Masters in PowerPoint
• Slide Masters in PowerPoint 2007
• Custom Design Templates and Master Slides in PowerPoint