You may really like a design theme color scheme, or perhaps you have created your own new color scheme for the theme. However, you are not that thrilled with the fonts chosen. Rather than change the fonts on the slide master, or on each slide, instead, you can change the fonts in the design theme and save the new theme for future use.
Customize PowerPoint 2007 Design Theme Fonts
Each design theme contains two fonts -- a Heading font and a Body Text font. You can change one or both of these fonts in the theme.
- Click on the Design tab of the ribbon.
- In the Themes section, at the right end of the ribbon, click the drop down arrow beside Fonts.
- You have two options:
- select one of the font families listed to apply to your presentation
- click on Create New Theme Fonts...
Create New Design Theme Fonts
- Once you have selected the option above to create new theme fonts, the Create New Theme Fonts dialog box opens.
- Select a new Heading font from the drop down list. Note the font style change is shown in the Sample window.
- Select a new Body font from the drop list. Note the font style change is shown in the Sample window.
- Type a name for this font family in the Name text box.
- Click on the Save button to apply these changes.
This new font family will appear at the top of the font family list, in the Custom section, to be applied to any design theme in future presentations.
Previous Article - Customize or Create New PowerPoint Design Themes