How Do I Annotate a PowerPoint Slide?
A recent question from a reader:
I want to underline a few words, or write on a slide during a PowerPoint slide show. How do I do this?"
There are several options a presenter can choose to use during a PowerPoint slide show. One of these options is to write on the slides.
- Method One - Right Click
- Right click on the slide during the slide show.
- From the shortcut menu presented, choose Pointer Options
- Select one of the choices from the expanded list
- Arrow - This returns you to the slide to continue on with the slide show.
- Ballpoint Pen - The mouse pointer becomes tool like a black ballpoint pen and you may write on the slide, using the mouse.
- Felt Tip Pen - The mouse pointer becomes a tool like a red felt pen and you may write on the slide, using the mouse.
- Highlighter - The mouse pointer becomes a tool like a yellow highlighter and you may use just as you would a highlighter.
- Method Two - Use Buttons on Screen
During a slide show, a series of four buttons appear in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Backwards pointing arrow - This arrow returns the show to the previous slide.
- Red pen - This pen icon produces a shortcut menu with the same options for writing on the slide as explained in Method One above.
- Square icon - This icon produces a shortcut menu with other options available to the presenter during the slide show.
- Forward pointing arrow - This arrow takes you to the next slide in the presentation.