Slide Tab of Header and Footer Dialog Box
Add Footers to Slides
Note - On the individual slides, there is no option for adding a header. You may only add a footer to the slides.
- Click on the Slide tab of the Header and Footer dialog box, if it is not already selected.
- Select any options for your slides including:
- Date and Time (Update automatically)- If you would like the date and/or time to show the current date each time the presentation file is opened, click on this option. You can then select the format that you would like the date to appear on the slide from the drop down box - for example: July 21, 2011 or 21/07/2011. This option is helpful if you always want your presentation to appear current.
- Date and Time (Fixed) - Type the date. This date will be retained permanently (unless you choose to change it later). This option is helpful if you want to keep track of the creation date of the presentation.
- Slide number - This option will add numbers to the slides. These slide numbers will be placed in the footer area of the slide, but the location on the slide will vary, depending on which design theme you choose for this presentation.
- Footer - Choose this option to add a custom footer which will print on the slide(s). This selection is often chosen to brand the company name to the slides.
- Don't show on title slide - Most presenters prefer that these settings are not added to the title slide. If that is the case for this presentation, then check that box.
- Click on the Apply to All or Apply button.