Show or Hide Spelling Errors in PowerPoint
PowerPoint (and all of the Microsoft Office programs) try to help you along by indicating when you have made a spelling error. However, not all indications of a misspelled word are actually errors in spelling. Many times, PowerPoint is focusing on a word that is just not in its dictionary and makes the assumption that the word is misspelled.
It is very simple to adjust the option in PowerPoint to turn this feature off (or on as the case may be). As illustrated in the image above, one of the company bigwigs has a name that is not in the PowerPoint dictionary and is therefore marked as an error. You can easily make the change so that this does not happen. Follow the easy steps below.
- Click on the File tab of the ribbon.
- Under the Help section near the bottom of the list, click on the Options button.
- In the left task pane of the PowerPoint Options dialog box, select Proofing.
- Under the section When correcting spelling in PowerPoint
- Hide spelling errors - Make sure the box next to Hide spelling errors is checked.
- Show spelling errors - Make sure the box next to Hide spelling errors is unchecked.
- Click the OK button to apply and close the dialog box.