Start With Animations on Bullet Text on PowerPoint Slide
Note - For Earlier PowerPoint Versions - How to Use the Dim Text Feature in PowerPoint
The Dim Text feature in PowerPoint is an effect applied to a block of bulleted text on the slide. During the slide show, each previous bullet effectively fades to the background (but is still visible on screen) as you move on to the next point. This keeps the focus on the current point you are speaking about.
Steps to Set Up the Dim Text Animation
Before you can set up the dimming effect on the text of the bullets on the slides, you must first apply an animation to the block of text.The animation is how the bullets will appear on the slide. Some common effects that are used for this purpose are Dissolve In, Fade or Random Bars to name just a few.
- Click on the border of the block of bullet points. (This ensures that the selected animation will be applied to all bullets.)
- Click on the Animations tab of the ribbon.
- In the Animation section, hover over one of the animation buttons shown to see the effect on the slide. Repeat this process until you find the animation you like.
- If none of these animations is what you are looking for, then click the small drop down arrow at the right side of the animations options shown on the ribbon, to see more options.
- Click on the animation that suits your purpose to apply it to the block of text.