PowerPoint Pen Won't Work During Slide Show
A reader recently asked:
"When I run my PowerPoint slide show, the shortcut menu does not appear when I right click the mouse. At times I like to bring the audience's attention to something in particular on the slide by using the PowerPoint pen tool, but I can't get access to the pen through the shortcut menu. What do I do?"
This situation could be caused by either of the following scenarios:
- Scenario One: Shortcut Menu Has Been Disabled
- Click on the File tab of the ribbon.
- Under the Help section near the bottom of the list, click on the Options button.
- The PowerPoint Options dialog box opens.
- In the left pane of the PowerPoint Options dialog box, click on Advanced to show advanced options in the right pane.
- Scroll to see the section for Slide Show.
- Check the box beside Show menu on right mouse click.
- Click OK to apply this setting.
- Scenario Two - Kiosk Mode is Active