Previous Article - Change Timings on PowerPoint Animations
Change Order of Animations for PowerPoint Slides
Once you have added animations to the objects on a PowerPoint slide, you may notice that these objects appear on the screen in the wrong order. This is an easy fix.
- Select the slide that needs the correction.
- Click on the object that needs a different location in the order that the animated objects will appear during the slide show.
- Click the Animations tab of the ribbon if it is not already selected.
- On the right side of the ribbon, note the Advanced Animation and Timing sections. These sections offer a choice of two methods of correction, depending on your needs.
- Quick Adjustment - In the Timing section, click on the Move Earlier or Move Later button to adjust the order of the selected animation.
- More Details Needed - In the Advanced Animation section, click on the Animation Pane button to reveal the list of animated objects.
- At the bottom of the Animation Pane, click the Re-Order button to either move the object earlier or later in the order of play.
- It is a good idea to test this animation order before moving on. Press Shift + F5 to see the current slide in slide show view.