Save PowerPoint 2010 Presentations as Earlier Versions
A question from a Reader:
"I often work from home. I have PowerPoint 2010 on my home computer but my office is still using PowerPoint 2003. Is there a way to set the default save setting to PowerPoint 2003, instead of having to do that for each presentation I create at home?"
The answer is Yes and the extra good news is that it is an easy fix -- one that can be quickly changed back to the original setting if need be.
Change Default Save Option in PowerPoint 2010
- Choose File > Options from the ribbon.
- In the left pane of the PowerPoint Options dialog box, click on the Save option.
- In the Save presentations section, click the drop down box for Save files in this format:.
- Choose the option for PowerPoint Presentation 97-2003.
- Click OK at the bottom of the dialog box.
This presentation and all future presentations will now be saved, by default, as a PowerPoint 97-2003 presentation.
- This setting can easily be switched back for specific presentations. This article will show how to change the save option on an individual basis.
- If you used features that were new in PowerPoint 2010 (or PowerPoint 2007), those features will not work if you save your presentation as a PowerPoint 97-2003 presentation.