Note - Continued from Edit Music, Sound or Other Audio Settings in PowerPoint 2010
Trim Audio File in PowerPoint 2010
Many times as a presenter, you would like to use a particular music selection as a backdrop for your presentation. However, you want just a portion of the selected audio file.
The good news is that you can easily trim out any excess, such as a lengthy intro or get rid of the ending to the music. You simply need to trim this portion(s) from the audio file.
- Click on the sound icon on the slide to select it.
- Click on the Playback button, located just below the Audio Tools button on the ribbon.
- In the Editing section of the ribbon, click on the Trim Audio button.
- The Trim Audio dialog box opens.
- Click on the large Play button, located in the middle of the three buttons directly under the sound track. The music will play and you can then pinpoint the spot where you want to audio file to start playing.
- Click on the Pause button to stop the music playing at the correct location (or near the correct location).
- Drag the red playhead to this location.
- Continue to play the music to locate the ideal spot to stop the music.
- Drag the green playhead to this location.