Trim Windows Movie Maker Video Clips
You may wish to trim the length from a video clip, (rather than delete that portion), to hide those portions of the clip from view. This can be done at either the beginning or end of any video clip.
- In the Timeline view of Windows Movie Maker, click on the video clip to select it.
Note - You might consider zooming in on the video clip for more accuracy.
- Hover the mouse over the end (or beginning) of the video clip. The mouse point becomes a red, double headed arrow.
- Drag the mouse to the left (to shorten from the end), or to the right (to shorten from the beginning) of the video clip. As you drag the mouse, the portion you will be keeping will turn dark blue. When you release the mouse the clip will be trimmed.
Note - Although you have trimmed the video clip, the trimmed parts are still there, but hidden from view.
How to Return the Video Clip to its Original Size
- Click on the trimmed video clip to select it.
- Choose Clip > Clear Trim Points from the menu.
- The video clip will be returned to its original size.
Next Tutorial in this Windows Movie Maker Series - Adding Music or Sounds In Windows Movie Maker
Complete 7 Part Tutorial Series for Beginners - Getting Started in Windows Movie Maker