Save as a Web Page
Choose one of the following options for saving your PowerPoint presentation.
- Option 1 - Save as a Web Page - Versions 2000 and 2003
- saves the presentation with a file extension of .HTM
- saves all supporting material in a separate folder
- this extra folder must also be uploaded to your Web site
- presentation can be edited in an HTML editor or Web page design type of software.
- Option 2 - Save as Single File Web Page**(Available in PowerPoint 2003 only)
- saves the presentation with a file extension of .MHT
- all the graphics, sounds and animations are embedded
- creates a smaller, single file size containing all components
- great for emailing your presentation
Change Title... button - If you have already saved your presentation as your working file (it is always an excellent idea to save your presentation frequently while you are working on it), the name in this text box will be the title of your presentation on the Web site. Click the button if you wish to edit that title.
Publish... button - This option takes you to another dialog box where you will make selections about what to publish, browser support and more. This is explained in more detail on the next page.