Using technology in the classroom, whether in elementary or secondary school, is an expectation in the curricula of just about every grade level. Some teachers are at a loss as to how to do this. My response to them is that if you make the experience fun, kids will want to participate. It can be your secret that they are learning as well.
PowerPoint and Windows Movie Maker are easy to use multimedia tools to enhance your lesson plans. Students can acquire computer skills in these software in the form of Webquests, multiple choice quizzes, building Web pages using PowerPoint and making simple videos using Windows Movie Maker.
Integrate Technology in the Classroom with Multimedia Lesson Plans
- Math Lessons Using PowerPoint
Make math fun in the elementary classroom.
- Simple addition, subtraction and basic shapes
- Multiplication times tables, from two to twelve
- Multiplication tables quiz or classroom game
The Ergonomic Computer Workstation Setup
- Create a simple video using Windows Movie Maker.
- Addresses curriculum expectations for both elementary and secondary levels. Many expectations for the high school Business curriculum addressed.
- Suitable for grades 6 and up.
- Write Stories Using PowerPoint Story Templates
- Create Story Maps Using PowerPoint
- Visual story maps teach children at the elementary grade level how to organize ideas to create stories, or to summarize the contents of a story after reading a book.
- Sample story map to download.
- Learn how to use diagram tools in PowerPoint.
- Suitable for grades 4 and up.
Create a Simple Family Tree
- Use PowerPoint to create a simple family tree.
- Suitable for younger elementary grades.
- Create a Detailed Family Tree Chart
Create Multiple Choice Quizzes for the Classroom
- Use PowerPoint to add fun to classroom quizzes and games.
- Suitable for both elementary and secondary school grades.
Clouds and Weather Watching
- Learn the basics of using PowerPoint in this lesson on clouds and weather watching.
- Suitable for junior grades
- The Virtual Amazing Race - Webquest and Web Page Design