The name of this book is a bit of a misnomer. One would think it is all about PowerPoint 2007. That is only partially correct. A better name, in my mind anyway, would be something like "Presentations from Start to Finish Using PowerPoint 2007 as Your Tool".
In addition to wonderful instruction on how to use PowerPoint 2007, approximately one third of this book is about the soft skills needed to build and deliver a presentation - from start to finish. What an added bonus!
- learn to integrate PowerPoint 2007 with other Office programs
- use enhanced graphics capabilities to really make your point
- themes and custom layouts help you design eye catching presentations
- use video, sound, pictures and animation
- publish for the web
- learn to deliver your presentation with skill and ease
- the companion CD contains the complete book in PDF format -- a great resource for the traveling presenter
Pros and Cons
- for the novice or experienced presenter alike
- comprehensive resource for any presenter
- easy to locate a specific area of instruction
- lots of quick tips
- sections within chapters are short so you can quickly learn what you need and move on
- real life examples of how and when to use specific chart types would be helpful in addition to how to create them
- I'm a visual learner and the lack of color anywhere in this book makes it just that -- lacking
Guide Review of "Special Edition Using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007"
Tom Mucciolo is an expert presenter and fills you in on all the tips and tricks he has learned about making presentations that hit the mark. If you don't have the skills to get your message across, it won't matter how fabulous your PowerPoint slide show is. This section of the book is a goldmine of information about the most overlooked parts of the presentation -- the planning and the delivery.
The Bottom Line
If you ever, even once, need to make a presentation using PowerPoint, you cannot go wrong with this book.