Previous Tutorial - Rotate a Picture on a PowerPoint 2010 Slide
Why would you flip a picture horizontally on a slide?
The most common reason is that the focus of the picture is facing the wrong way for your purpose. You may have a picture that would be perfect if it was just facing in the opposite direction.
- In the sample slide above, the picture was duplicated and then flipped horizontally to demonstrate a tennis move for either right-handed or left-handed players.
- Ideally, the subject of interest is leading into the slide, if the topic needs more information. If the focus is somewhat of an exit, then the photo should be facing in a direction to be leaving the slide.
Steps to Flip a Picture Horizontally
- Click on the picture to select it. The Picture Tools button appears above the ribbon.
- Click on the Format button, just below the Picture Tools button.
- In the Arrange section, at the right side of the ribbon, click the Rotate button.
- From the drop down menu, click on Flip Horizontal.