1. Computing

Make an Image Background Transparent in PowerPoint

By October 6, 2011

How many times have you added a image to a PowerPoint slide -- a slide with a colored background -- only to have the image be surrounded by an ugly, white box? The white background on the image looks dreadful on your colored slide.

make image background transparentWell there is a quick and easy fix to get rid of the white (or other color) of the background of the image, as long as that image is either formatted as a GIF or a PNG file format. Read more on Making an Image Background Transparent in PowerPoint.

More on Images in PowerPoint
10 PowerPoint 2007 Photo Tips
10 PowerPoint 2007 Graphics Tips
Create a PowerPoint Picture Background
Comments
June 1, 2012 at 11:17 am
(1) Jan Kellywood says:

I do believe all of the ideas you’ve offered to your post. They are very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are very quick for beginners. May you please prolong them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

June 1, 2012 at 2:12 pm
(2) Wendy says:

Jan,
I think you are missing the article. This post is a blog and is just a brief overview. The tutorial is linked from this blog post in bold type.

October 15, 2012 at 10:16 pm
(3) Caracal says:

Thank you so much, Wendy! This is brilliant, especially since it seems no-one in my very large and PowerPoint-obsessed workplace knows that this can be done (yet). I think I’ll hold off and let them be amazed by my presentations before I share :)

February 12, 2013 at 10:36 am
(4) Marc says:

Gr8 tip Wendy. If only I had known this one earlier, I would have had so much extra pleasure all those years :-)

March 20, 2013 at 6:22 pm
(5) Jon says:

Thank you!

This was an incredibly helpful tip for those who import graphics into presentations. And here I thought I had to pray that someone built a web tool to remove backgrounds from images, when I had the tool the entire time.

March 26, 2013 at 5:10 am
(6) petrola says:

totally useful to create nice combinations between background images and background color in web design. thanks i’ll try it in my projects!